The latest and greatest from the web:
Web first, print later from mediabistro.com
What position does your website hold? David Hirschman says websites are no longer just the dumping ground for old print. Visitors are looking for new material. On an interesting note, my publisher is contemplating redesigning our website and then basing both our print magazines' redesigns off of that. Talk about web first...
The bottom line on blogging from The Kansas City Star
The article by David Hayes focuses on the big Kansas City companies venturing into the blogospehere. The most useful bit, in my opinion, was a sidebar on considerations before starting a company blog. The questions include:
- What is your goal?
- Does it have support from the head honcho?
- Do you have an internal blog champion who will promote the blog inside the company and keep it going?
- What will the ethics policy be for company bloggers?
- How will you integrate your blog into the company? In other words, promotion, promotion, promotion.
- How will you engage readers and make the blog interactive?
How to get people to talk to you from mediabistro.com
This article focuses on the hard-to-get interview, but also offers great tips to apply during any interview.
Stealing inside the blogosphere from asap
While getting mentions on other blogs and links back to your blog are great ways to grow, beware of the copiers. Are you showing off your Creative Commons license?
The wonderful world of digital recorders from MBToolBox
Internet phone options offer the ability to record conversations. A handy tool for all of you phone interviewers.