A Former IDG Employee's View of the PC World Lawsuit

A little over a month ago I wrote about a story in Folio: on accusations that PC World inflated its circulation numbers.

Just today I happened to come across this commentary on the issue by Mark Jones, a former IDG employee who lives in Australia. His comments, in part:

The company didn't make any comment about the suit, but it seems to me this accusation is very much out of character with the IDG culture that I know. ... But on the other side, you have this interesting dynamic where the US PC magazine market is now dominated by just two magazines, PC World and PC Magazine. ... [W]hen there are just two publications the competition is intense. Who knows if that was a factor.
I haven't seen anything new about the lawsuit against PC World on the circulation lawsuit. If you do, please email me.
Comments:
Post a Comment



<< Home