There are certain requirements we're looking for:
- Must be currently working (includes freelancers) or retired from a B2B publication--minimum of five years' experience in B2B.
- Must be willing to judge 10 to 300 entries, depending on the number of entries in your assigned category.
- Must be willing to commit the time necessary to judge the categories appropriately.
- Must be willing to judge your category during a one-month period between March and April.
- Must be willing to judge entries objectively.
- Most categories are judged by at least two people. Discussion with second judge is recommended, but must be available to review with second judge if asked.
- Must be willing to write a short description (five sentences max) of the positive elements of your top five entries in each circulation category (over 80,000, under 80,000).
- Every entry must be evaluated and given a score.
- To avoid conflicts of interest, no person may judge a category in which his or her magazine has entered.
Download a hard copy of the judging requirements (108K Word doc).
Update, 8/18/06: The Aug. 31 deadline I had previously included in this post was not a hard deadline, so I removed those references. ASBPE will accept judging applications during August and September, and possibly a little beyond that.