Now ABM has available on its site a PowerPoint presentation called "B-to-B Digital Marketing Shift" that provides some insight on where B2B marketers will be spending their money.
Among the findings:
- The marketers consider industry-specific marketing venues--trade shows, magazines, web sites--more effective than their general-business counterparts.
- They named in-person events and industry-specific magazines as the most effective branding vehicles. The Internet was thought to be as effective at branding as general business magazines or television.
- The marketers found in-person events, industry-specific magazines, and online marketing to be the most effective outlets for lead-generation.
- Fewer marketers plan to make use of general business magazines, direct mail, and newspapers; those who do plan to use these media "will only minimally increase spending," according to ABM.
- 48% of B2B marketers use online marketing today, spending 24% of their budget online
There's also a very short (six-page) trade-show specific version of the presentation (92KB).
Labels: The Business of Publishing